Thursday, July 3, 2014

A little sleepy


Our summer has been one big whirlwind of exhaustion. I'll write more about what the kids have been doing later.  The busy days feel like they're running into each other. I'm starting to feel I've reached my limit and I need to slow down. Tonight as I was getting ready to take the kids for our towns Fourth of July fireworks , I thought why am I doing this, I'm so tired, It would be nice to stay in and relax. But I want them to have this memory, I want to have this memory. lugging chairs and blankets, holding tiny hands that cling to mine and watching them get excited to see all their friends, running into neighbors and friends, watching Eli with his friends. He's older now so it's different, I can't get too close;) Ava ran off to sit with one of her friends and Eli wanted to hang out with his, Ricky stayed home after just getting in from out of town last night and barely being able to keep his eyes open. So, it was just me and my tiny girl with a few of our friends watching fireworks. This was her first time seeing them! She didn't know what to think, she liked them but wanted me to cover her ears, she said they were loud.she was so tired, but hung in there until the very end. Even the 30 minute standstill in the line to get out of the park! 

So tonight was worth it, worth the exhaustion and the memories made. I'll sleep good tonight and late in the morning. Crossing my fingers for 8:00!

I've got a baby in my bed and a living room full of 12 year old boys.
goodnight, and happy fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment