Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Destin Florida 2011

We got home today from the beach at around 2:00.We got up around 5:00 a.m. and loaded up to head home,the drive really didn't seem so bad.It went by much quicker than I expected.We had so much fun!I think my kids are half fish,especially Ava.She didn't want to get out of the water at all.The 1st few days we were there the water was so clear and beautiful,after that the seaweed took over and we really didn't get back in the ocean.Thank goodness for the pool,the kids loved it!Noone got badly sunburned so thats a plus:-)I think I used about 3 bottles of sunblock.
Eli got to go deep sea fishing for the 1st time in his life.He absolutly loved it!!He caught the biggest fish of the day and if I could remember the exact name of it I would tell you so I'll have to get back with everyone on that.He may also be in the newspaper in Destin,we are waiting to see.I really hope he is.He's been telling everyone about his fish,he's so proud and I'm so happy for him that he got to experience that.Its something he will never forget I know.I actually felt kind of bad for him because Ava had Ella to play with and Eli seemed a little bored at times,I know that sounds crazy being on vacation,but his daddy kept him busy so he was fine:)
We ate out a few nights,we went to Floyds,Fudpuckers(which was awful) and Bubba Gump's,one of my favorite places to eat!The food was great there.We bought groceries so we ate at the condo for most of the trip.Last night we took the kids to the Harbor to snorkel in the clear water and watch a fireworks show,it was a great end to our trip.
One thing that I will always remember is Eli catching tons of hermit crabs in the harbor,he wanted to keep them so badly but he didn't want them to die,so after much thinking about it he finally decided he would let them go,well,he decided to keep just one at the last minute.On the way back to the condo he decided he wanted to let that one he kept go,he was so concerned about it.He asked us over and over if it would die in the car and finally Ricky said,Eli stop worrying about that one hermit crab there are millions of them!And Eli said I know Daddy,but this one matters too,he was so sweet and you could see the true compassion in his eyes,I told him I loved him for that.He's got such a good heart.Thats just something special I will always remember:)We had a great trip and made lots of great memories.Pictures coming soon...........








This is Eli's big catch!The fish is called a Cobia,I've never heard of one before this and he did get put in the Destin Log for this fish,we were lucky to have someone bring us a copy of the paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment