Monday, August 11, 2014

I want to remember...

Excatly how you look, that big smile and those beautiful teeth. The way you say, "I wanna hold you mama" and reach up to me as long as your little arms will stretch. How you love bubble baths and your baby dolls.  How you always want to help, with cooking, with cleaning, with pouring your glass of milk.

I never want to forget your soft chubby cheeks that press against mine so tightly when you give me a big hug, the way I can't stop kissing them and the way you look at me when you wake up next to me each morning. So happy, so content, feeling safe because I'm near. Watching you run and play outside, you climb up the stairs to the slide all by yourself now, and you love riding your horsey and jumping on the trampoline.  The way you yell out the window in my bathroom to Mark.

Watching you be a little mama to your babies, you tuck them in, hug them, change their diapers and put them in time out.

The way you say " I wanna walk" when we go up and down the stairs. It may take us 15 minutes both ways, but I watch you and let you do it because I know one day you'll be running up them.

Watching you with Eli, you love him. He loves you. He tickles you and throws you in the air, and you say ,"again bubba"! And he does it over and over.

Being amazed by you every single day. The words you say, the things you know and understand, when just yesterday you were a tiny baby sleeping in my arms. You talk and you ask for things, you are growing so fast. Faster than I'm ready for.

Snuggling up with Ava in her bed. Wanting to wear her clothes and copying all her gymnastics moves, she flips, you flip, she jumps, you jump. You watch her every move and you do the same.

Trying to braid my hair. " I wanna braid you hair mama" and you twirl it around and around.

Saying, "I lu loo"

Thats my favorite.

Kissing my cheek.

Sleeping next to your daddy everynight, so closely you almost push him off the bed. He's warm and safe. You love riding anywhere in his truck. "I wanna go in you truck daddy" You're his girl.

Eating a pouch every single time we are at the grocery store. The lady at the register expects the empty pouch every time. And you always have to pick it out yourself.

There are so many things I never want to forget about you, I know I won't remember them all. You are growing and changing everyday. And while I get a little sad about that, I'm very very happy that you are. That you are growing up strong and healthy. That you're exploring things and adventuous! I'm just so happy I get to do it all with you..

My sweet sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment