Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I celebrated my 13th Mother's Day yesterday, and every year this day makes me realize just how very blessed I am.  One thing I've learned over the years is I'm still learning, and I don't think I'll ever have it all figured out. Being their mom is the most important work I'll ever do and I don't take it lightly. I love this job, even the days that I lock myself in my bathroom just to breathe. That happens. 

The years are going fast and it's hard to believe sometimes that in just 2 years I'll have a high schooler, a middle schooler and one in kindergarten. That takes my breath away. 

But so very thankful that they are growing, learning who they are, happy, healthy, and smart. They will forever be my greatest accomplishment! 


"You are the poem I dreamed of writing, the masterpiece I longed to paint. You are the shining star I reached for in my every hopeful quest for life fulfilled. You are my child. Now with all things I am blessed."



We managed a picture yesterday, poor Evelyn was sick . 


I loved waking up to coffee and breakfast in bed, we watched Mr. Mom. I loved spending some time with Eli at the gym, snuggling in bed with my sweet sick baby and actually getting in a nap. Church with Ava, and a beautiful dinner they all helped prepare. Salmon, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and streamed veggies. We ended the night all piled in my bed and watched a movie. It was a beautiful Mother's Day. Spending this morning feeling very blessed and very thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment