Monday, July 27, 2015

Our " not so bummer " summer

It's now almost October, and I'm just getting around to posting this about our summer. ...........



Our Not-So-Bummer Summer. The perfect title for the last 7 or 8 weeks. I've only heard the dreaded words, "I'm bored" once or twice. And they were quickly wiped off their lips when they saw the crazy exhausted look in my eyes. Our summer has been epic. That's another good word for it. We've traveled. We've spent precious time with family and friends. We've experienced so many new and exciting things this year. And for me, I'm truly grateful. I look back on the last few weeks and it's a bit of a blur. I'm slowly starting to soak it all in. And I know I will be for several more months. 

We started the summer out with sending Eli off to football camp in Oxford at Ole Miss. He went last year, and has looked forward to coming back. He had the best time . I'm so happy he got to do that. 

Next, I got to do something I've dreamed of for so many years. My mom, Anna , Ava, and I went to New York City!!!! The whole trip was surreal and amazing. I loved everything about New York. The food, the streets, the people, the history, I could go on and on forever. I could write for days about New York. I cannot wait to go back. We did so much in 4 days, but there's so much still to see and do. 

After that trip, we spent the weekend at lake tiakiata with my family. We had the best weather. The sky was perfectly clear and we never saw a fly or mosquito the entire time. We fished and swam, we had the most relaxing time. It was a great way to unwind with family. And a weekend I hope we never forget. 

We spent a few weeks at home, with the kids having sleepovers and friends over almost every day and night. Then headed off to spend a week at the beach with some of our friends and the kids friends. We had the best time. The boys went deep sea fishing, all of the kids went parasailing, besides Evelyn of course. They really kept us going, but we had so much fun watching them and making fun memories. This was Evelyn's first trip to the beach. I wasn't sure she was going to like it at first, she didn't seem to like the sand on her, but after a few days she was burying herself in it! We collected tons of seashells and hunted for crabs at night. I miss the ocean already! 

This summer went by fast, but these memories will last is a lifetime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment