Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Growing up

In less than 2 weeks I'll have a highschooler. I'm not sure how that happened so quickly but what gives me a mini panick attack is when I hear someone tell me these 4 years will fly by faster than any before. I feel like I'm preparing myself for that. The things that come with highschool, like driving, deciding where to go to college and what exactly he wants to be when he grows up. These are really big things. And it's overwhelming to know they are literally right around the corner. I know it's inevitable, he's going to grow up, drive a car, go off to college, get married and have his own family. And that's really what I want and it makes me so happy to think of all he has to look forward to in his future. It's just happening so fast. So fast. We're trying to fix up his room and put in a pool next year in hopes that this will be the house all of his friends want to come to. I want the best for Eli, I want him to appreciate life and enjoy these highschool years, make a difference , be a leader, stand up for what's right and love the people you're around everyday. I'm very aware of how quickly the days are rolling by, but in that awareness and a little bit of fear, I'm very thankful. God has been gracious to us, He has always provided and taken care of our family. And for that I'm so thankful. I pray for God to watch over Eli through these years and surround him with good influences, I trust that he will. 
Here's to the highschool years!

No comments:

Post a Comment